Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ancient Chinese Drama


Director, scriptwriter, and actress of the College Ancient Chinese Drama Show
​I adapted one of the most famous ancient Chinese drama show - Diao Feng Yue when I was a sophomore, and performed it with my friends at the College Ancient Chinese Drama Show held by my Chinese Literacy professor. This show was published on our school newspaper. 
The original story was composed at hundreds years ago by a famous dramatist. I was so loved this ancient costume that I couldn't help adapting it to a college drama show and performed with my classmates. This story talk about an rich young good-looking man who fell in love with his maid, he proposed to her and got her vow, and they had really sweet time at the beginning. However, the young, from deep down, looked forward to the life with higher social status. He pursued the other rich elegant girl whose father was a government official in high rank. He kept two relationship and enjoyed two girl's love, eventually, he abandoned his maid and was going to marry the rich girl. The maid was despaired and hopeless, eventually, she disclosed who the young man really was and committed suicide in front all guests.
In our play, I played the part of the bad young man, here are some photographs as follow.







No comments:

Post a Comment